Road cycling routes
Our favorite road cycling routes in northern Småland, Sweden. Find your best time trial, coffee ride or just a general great bicycle ride.
Gränna with its small beutiful houses and paved roads found by Lake Vättern 35 km north of Huskvarna. Here´s a route, a perfect Sunday cycling ride, that takes you to Gränna and back on small roads, with little traffic and some great views and true Swedish countryside. The route also takes you through the world biosphere area Östra Vätterbranterna.
Just after leaving Huskvarna you will pass the Apple Valley, Äppeldalen, and the passage by the view point Vista Kulle we consider to be one of the most beutiful roads in Jönköping with a great view over Lake Vättern. Passing another lake, Landsjön, still keeps you on small roads through the open landscape all the way to Gränna.
In Gränna, just pick and choose from cafés, restaurants and of course the very famous “Polkagris” the candy that will keep your energy up all the way home. In the harbor you got to catch the ferry to Visingsö for some more kilometers and some key elements of Swedens history.
Heading for Jönköping you will, on this route pass old village of Röttle and its waterfalls. A long climb passing under the main road (E4) and past Gränna Golf Club. If you need another stop you have countryside cafés of Flättinge or Rudu.
* Vista Kulle viewpoint. Great view over Vättern and Jönköping.
* Gårdsrosteriet by Vista Kulle fruit farm. Coffe rostery headed by cycling roast master Ingo Dieters. Ingo promises free coffee for cyclists.
* Discover Gränna, a cosy town with beautiful wooden houses and paved roads. Cafés, restaurants, the Polar Museum and of course the famous making of Polka Candy!
* Farm Café i Flättinge a cozy summer coffee stop.
* Rudenstams Butik & Kafé great stop in the Valley of Apples, Äppeldalen, “Toscany of Sweden”